By Nico Gerard, Marketo
Sending a relevant message about your product or service at the right time directly improves results and drives demand. By creating great content, you can create more sales leads, drive website traffic, promote brand, and educate customers and prospects. To ensure you get the most out of your content marketing efforts, follow these six rules:
- Not Promotional – Promotional materials doesn’t excite nor inspire. Write about what helps your audience.
- Relevant – When writing content, you must make sure it will be useful to the reader, regardless of whether it supports your company message.
- It closes a gap – Content marketing should answer a business question or problem… and this can possibly used in lead nurturing later.
- Written well – Take time to ensure content is presented in a thoughtful manner and is free of errors. Poorly written content may hurt the company’s reputation.
- Relevant to your company – Keep business goals and objectives in mind when creating content. Write content that the company you represent is knowledgeable about and can further assist the reader.
- Gives proof – Because your content may seem biased, make sure that you give proof either through quotes, testimonials or actual metrics and statistics.
Providing content that is useful to your audience will, at the very least, deliver a positive reputation and reenforces that your company is helpful and knowledgeable. This is lead nurturing, potentially building trust and driving traffic your way…