Several of our clients have questioned the need for a blog page on the new website we’re creating for them. We highly recommend one, keeping it current and informative. There are overwhelming benefits of brands having and producing content on their blogs according to a new survey from WP Engine. Respondents attribute a significant amount of influence to brands’ blogs.
- 46% of Americans read the blogs of their favorite brands
- Half believe it’s important for brands to provide content on their blogs
- 2 in 5 feel it negative for brands to not produce blog content
- 2 in 5 prefer reading content from a company blog rather than a news magazine or website
- 52% prefer going directly to the company’s website for content about a brand
- 25% going to social media and
- 22% to third-party articles
- 6 in 10 report that they want to see content directly from brands
- Content they want to see include: articles on important issues (27%); research on the company’s industries (16%); and funny stories (12%)
Other benefits of brands producing blog content include providing up to date information, giving consumers a more personal connection with the company and giving brands a voice. Negative effects of brands not providing blog content include loss of communication with its customers, the brand looking lazy and the brand coming less relevant.